Monday, December 3, 2007

I guess the jelly of the month club would've been too generous

Or, "Seriously, my job has morphed from Office Space to National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation."

I'm still on jury duty, but have so far had the fortune of not getting called for seating so far today (a story about the trial I was on last week is forthcoming).

Anyhoodle, the current state of affairs provided me time to check in with work, as I did just a couple of minutes ago. It was then when I opened one gem of an e-mail from one of The Powers That Be. To wit: Instead of having a review (and, hopefully, raise) at the beginning of the year, we're to have it on the anniversary of our employment. Only ... mine was in September, and I have yet to have the review or see any of the desperately needed cash. Oh, and as to that (paltry, but still needed) holiday bonus? They don't do that sort of thing. Instead, we've been told, we can be eligible for a program that pays out bonuses to select employees for outstanding performances if -- and only if -- the company exceeds expected revenue for the month.

It's called "Lightning Strikes."

Um, I think I have an idea of the liklihood of actually landing one of these.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bang zoom ... right in the kisser JWray ...

Class of 2000 officers said...

naming an employee bonus after a natural disaster is never a good idea.

this place is ripe for parody.

come home, darling. come home quickly.

writtenbliss said...

Yeah, that was a pretty depressing e-mail. I too had an anniversary in September. What's up with the lack of review?

Antelope Baby Industries said...

Hi! I don't know if you remember me. It's Vanessa, Dan Lurie's Vanessa. Kyle stayed at our house recently on his whirlwind trip to Portland. I just found your blog! Just wanted to say: jury duty? Man. Suck. :)