Tuesday, November 27, 2007

You got served!!

Or rather, I did. With jury duty.

My coworker Pam said she served the full two-week term without getting called for voire dire (fancy Latin meaning, roughly, "jury selection") once. I was called for it before noon yesterday, my first day. And despite being number 22 of the group of 24 called (the first 12 are automatically seated for questioning, and then if they get the boot, the back 12 serve as replacements), I'm on the thing as an alternate. So much for the hours of Veronica Mars-watching I had planned for my time.

Anyhoodle, jury instructions and such pretty much prevent me from sharing anything more, although I will say this: The $2.80 veggie burger served in the Ben Franklin Cafeteria (Seriously. Ol' Ben would be so proud if he knew) on the 16th floor of the courthouse is not as bad as one might think.

No comments: