Saturday, January 12, 2008

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

I'm pretty sure the kitty has asthma. Do they make cat-sized CPAPs? In any regard, the sound of her wheezing snore is loud enough to be heard over the whir of the laptop and the television.

In other cat-related news, Rosa (when she's not snoring into the couch cushions) has discovered that the laptop is the lurve of her life. Whenever I'm tip-tapping away on it while reclined on the couch, Rosa will do her damnedest to make her way from a perch on my stomach to a seat directly on the keyboard. It's annoying, but it has honed my ability to touch-type. Anyhoodle, today I was, as the kids call it, "surfing the 'net" when I noticed Miss Kitty, who was pressed up against my side, staring at the screen. And then I tried an experiment. Rosa loves chasing the light of a laser pointer. Would she do the same for the cursor?

Oh, yes. Yes she would. So, I spent a goodly chunk of my afternoon moving the cursor around the screen and watching Rosa periodically attempting to smash it under her paw. Good times.

In other news ... I, uh, am totally satisfied with my life, my finances, my job? HAHAHA! Early April Fool's!

Um, probably the highlights of this week were, on Thursday, getting a tour of the outer reaches of our office's warehouse area, where we saw vats of ink, towering stacks of rolled newsprint and the Rube Goldberg-esque contraption that prints our publications. Pretty neat-o. Oh, and the coffee vending machine was giving out free drinks for some reason, so I got a tongue-searing cup of hot chocolate. Yum. Yesterday (also known as Friday), I went out with coworkers, a former coworker and a soon-to-be-former coworker. We drank, ate Mexican fusion food and played a rousing game of "Would you rather ... ?" The less said about that, the better.

Oh, and I did some wedding stuff last weekend. After I finish this o-so-exciting entry, I will head over here for an update.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? Coffee vending machine?! Do we still work at the same place??

Class of 2000 officers said...

i'll never forget the look on your face when meredith answered 'david o.'

i miss your sick, sick face.