Thursday, January 24, 2008

Quirky? I'll give ya quirky

Maybe. I have a hard time distinguishing what is quirky from what is regular. But here goes (I hope you're happy, Teet). Here are six of my quirks:

1.) I like to sort of disassemble Twix and Three Musketeers bars as I eat them. Namely, with a Twix, I like to peel off the chocolatey layers before then gnawing off the caramel layer and, finally the cookie. It's similar with a Three Musketeers bar: first goes the chocolate outside, then the cloud-like nougaty innards.

2.) I won an NFL alumni scholarship for scholar-athletes for my freshman year of college, thanks to my high school academic prowess and my time on the tennis courts. This had nothing to do with my beloved guidance counselor being married to an ex-NFL player, obviously.

3.) Home keys? What are they? I cannot type properly. I never took typing, home ec or shop in middle school because I was allowed to take art instead, and and I never took it in high school because the teacher was a heinous biznatch. This may have been a mistake.

4.) My highest-paying job per-hour remains my time tutoring kids for the SAT. Who knew a test I took on a Saturday morning my junior year of high school would have a more beneficial impact on my career than would my college diploma?

5.) In middle school, my music of choice was gangsta rap. I owned two Oakland Raiders shirts. And an ankh necklace. They were rad. West Coast for life!

6.) When my hands are cold at home, I will stick them in the dog or cat's legpits to warm them. I am not proud of this. Nor are the animals.

Oh, and since I'm not convinced that more than two people read this, I will forgo the tagging. Unless you are indeed reading this and have not yet replied, in which case

Tag. You're it.

4 comments:

Class of 2000 officers said...

cloud-like nougaty innards and legpits.

not to suck up, but that's how it's done, my friends.

Dennis said...

I once had a friend who took your candy-bar quirk a step further. He would nibble all the chocolate off a 3 Musketeers bar until it was just a long log of nougat. Then he would roll the nougat between his palms until it was a perfect sphere, and eat the entire sphere in one bite.

We don't speak anymore.

Anonymous said...

Oh, legpits. You are a genius!

I skimmed this yesterday and then went home and did the same thing to my poor, unsuspecting dogs, but I had misread it and was thinking "Now how does she get warm in their armpits? The armpits are tiny! She should really try the leg area." But you did and had and created a beautiful word for it.

Jaydubs said...

Lyndsey: Aw, thanks, dude.

Dennis: I have no words.

Mandy: I think it helps if the animal has a big ol' belly (thankfully, the cat does; Sollie has let us down in that regard), as it provides more surface area for warmth-seeking. That said, I actually prefer to use Sollie's armpits for hand-warming, as I fear accidentally molesting him.

Mandy, also: You know you've been tagged, right?