Wednesday, January 2, 2008

May all of 2008 be like this

Today started off rough -- I slipped and fell on the snow, my engagement ring flew off my finger, hit the cement and rolled into the white, white snow -- but has steadily improved. After just over an hour of searching and sifting snow in the kitchen sink, I found the ring, and then I came to work and discovered this on The Internets. Things are starting to look up.

Hmmm ... and today is Wednesday. I'm not sure what's up with that time stamp.

And now I fixed it! (But I'm still just talking to myself.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you found it! That's scary. Also be thankful you don't have super chub-a-roo fingers like I do. I have nearly break a finger to get them off sometimes.

Jaydubs said...

Oh, I have chubby fingers, too! I think I just went a half-size bigger than I needed because 1.)I was ordering it online, and used a ring-size measurer that Kyle had lying around from this janky catalog (long story) 2.Tthe ring is square-shaped, so it's not a standard size and 3.)My fingers expand and contract all day, depending on how warm my hands are; Cleaning snow and ice off my car without any gloves or mittens on meant my digits were at their tiniest. I just read about this stuff that you can dab on a ring (and later remove) to make it fit. It's about $10, so I think I'm gonna try that before I try and get it sized or anything. Hopefully that will work, because this string is looking pretty cruddy.