Tuesday, February 19, 2008

And then there's this

Which both of my (semi-bitterly divorced, but politically aligned) parents have sent me in the last few days: We bruise our daughters when we bash Hillary Clinton.

Recently, I learned that some airport shops are selling a "Hillary nutcracker." She has a smile on her face and metal spikes between her thighs. I don't worry about the candidate, who has learned how to handle such misogyny, but I do dwell on the young girls who might catch a horrifying glimpse of those steel jaws and decide that no woman should invite such vitriol.

1 comment:

Small, but Scrappy said...

I wholeheartedly agree that women are often more overtly evil towards other women (particularly successful ones) and that we should acknowledge the historic nature of this race. I'm still not voting for Hillary. Make the right choice for Ohio, Jenny.