Monday, February 18, 2008

Now with 10 percent fewer brain cells!!

This weekend has been a bit of a rollercoaster ride. The highs: the continuation of Kyle and my Valenversery, good food, getting in some exercise, spending time with my mom and friends. The lows: bickering with Kyle over stuff so pointless that I can no longer recall anything we fought about, eating *way* too much rich food and misplacing -- I hope! -- my iPod.

But perhaps the most exciting moment happened Saturday afternoon shortly after our workout. My muscles were starting to tighten up, and I decided that the best thing would be a long, hot bath. So, with Kyle out shoe-shopping, I got the bath started and shortly thereafter noticed that the water was much, much too hot. I needed to add cold water, and impatient being that I am, I hopped in and used my feet to swish it all around.

That might have been a mistake.

I was facing the wall on the long side of the tub when ... it started to move. Or rather, I started to move, as my feet sled forward and my body catapulted backwards. It all happened quickly, but as I fell straight back, I had enough time to think "Huh--I'm finally going to know what it's like to be knocked unconscious." With my knees hanging over the edge of the tub, my elbow hit the floor and my head slammed into the wall. FUUUUUCK! For a second, I wondered if Kyle would find me there on the floor, naked and bleeding. I wondered if I had a concussion. Genius that I am, I held two fingers in front of me to see if I had double-vision. My already-poor eyesight seemed no worse for wear. And so I gingerly climbed back into the tub, bathed and then tended to the scabs forming on my elbow and leg. Apart from those cuts, I haven't seen any lasting effects, except, uh, tonight at tennis, I didn't have my own racquet, so I borrowed the club's. Aaaand when tennis was over, I walked out with it. Whoops. I think my memory might have taken a hit.

No comments: